Sanders Receives KAPA Endorsement

Bright Dae-Jung Limm of KAPA at far right in photo, Bernie Sanders second from left, at a Washington Square Park rally on April 13 (Photo via The Korea Times)

Bright Dae-Jung Limm of KAPA at far right in photo, Bernie Sanders second from left, at a Washington Square Park rally on April 13 (Photo via The Korea Times)

Korean Americans for Political Advancement (KAPA) announced on April 14, 2016 that they have decided to endorse Bernie Sanders for president. “It was his message to overcome economic inequality that made us support him. We want a president not for the 1 percent but for the rest, the 99 percent,” KAPA said.

KAPA, established in 2006, is a political organization which is composed of professionals such as Korean lawyers. [The organization’s website states: “We must take affirmative action in the political arena to support candidates who will champion our progressive agenda. We need to hold our candidates and elected officials accountable, and make them responsive to our community’s demands for policies promoting civil rights and economic justice.”]

Sixty-four percent of KAPA’s membership voted to endorse Sanders. [Editor’s note: KAPA stated on its Facebook page that its membership vote came in “reaffirming national polls that a majority of Asian Americans support Sanders.”] 

Sanders’ campaign showed its appreciation to the organization: “It is our pleasure to get an endorsement from Korean Americans for Political Advancement. We will do our best for Asian immigrants to acquire equal opportunities to compete and achieve the American dream. Please vote for Sanders in the New York Democratic primary on April 19.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

https://voicesofny.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/2020321-gg-1-q-9.html https://www.bachelortreats.com/about-us/ https://www.viva-awa.com/BESTSELLERS https://www.sexxxotoy.com/about-us/